Local Area Information
Oban is known as the Gateway to the Isles, as it is the ferry port for visiting most of the isles including Mull, Iona, Coll, Tiree, Barra and South Uist. Most ferries depart daily in high season.
Golf, hill & island walking, local castles & monuments. Oban Distillery.
Horse riding, sailing, diving, fishing, eagle and whale watching, or a visit to the seal colonies. Fast RIB boat island tours are just a few of the things available to do, plus many more.
Oban also has many really good eating places, including a few award winning restaurants, something for every palate, and of course lots of fresh seafood available.
- Eeusk – seafood, panoramic seaviews 01631 565666
- Waterfront Fishouse – Seafood along with meat/vegetarian options, sea views 01631 563110
- Cuan Mor – wide, varied menu, bar and brewery 01631 565078
- Piazza – Italian, panoramic sea views 01631 563628
- China Restaurant – Long established Chinese restaurant 01631 01631 565317
- Waypoint – Kerrera Island Marina restaurant – seafood, views of Oban from Oban Bay – 01631 565333