Local Area Information
Oban is known as the Gateway to the Isles, as it is the ferry port for visiting most of the isles including Mull, Iona, Coll, Tiree, Barra and South Uist. Most ferries depart daily in high season.
Golf, hill & island walking, local castles & monuments. Oban Distillery and Oban Bay Brewery.
Horse riding, sailing, diving, fishing, eagle and whale watching, or a visit to the seal colonies or Sea Life Sanctuary. Fast RIB boat island tours are just a few of the things available to do, plus many more.
Oban also has many really good eating places, including a few award winning restaurants, something for every palate, and of course lots of fresh seafood available.
- Eeusk – seafood, panoramic seaviews 01631 565666
- Waterfront Fishouse – Seafood along with meat/vegetarian options, sea views 01631 563110
- Cuan Mor – wide, varied menu, bar and brewery 01631 565078
- Piazza – Italian, panoramic sea views 01631 563628
- Coast – Modern Scottish menu 01631 569900
- Coasters – Pub, sports, sea views, good food 01631 566881
- China Restaurant – Long established Chinese restaurant 01631 01631 565317
- Light of India – Long established Indian restaurant 01631 563728
- YuWu – Modern Chinese 01631 563338
- Waypoint – Kerrera Island Marina restaurant – seafood, views of Oban from Oban Bay – 01631 565333
Visit the Isle of Eriska Spa and Restaurant
The very special Isle of Eriska Hotel stands on its very own island and is open to non residents for a spa experience including swimming pool, a round of golf and/or a meal in the Deck Restaurant or fine dining hotel restaurant. Only a 25 minute drive from Barriemore Guest House, this is highly recommended by us!